FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Candidate packets for the RCSC Board of Directors upcoming elections will be available starting on Wednesday, June 4 at the Lakeview Corporate Office.
Those interested in obtaining a packet must make this request in person at the Corporate/Board Office at Lakeview Center (lower level) and present their RCSC Member card. The deadline for packet submissions is no later than noon on Wednesday, October 1, 2014.
There will be three vacancies to fill, with each vacancy a 3-year term. Requirements to become a candidate are:
- Must be at least fifty-five (55) years of age;
- Must not be related by marriage or birth to any other member of the Board, Senior Management Staff, or Board Candidate;
- Must be a Deeded Real Estate Owner of property in Sun City, Maricopa County, Arizona as well as a resident of Sun City;
- Must be a Member in good standing;
- Must reside in Sun City, Arizona and be available at least ten (10) months of the year;
- Must meet the requirement to hold an Arizona liquor license;
- Must be eligible and available to serve a three (3) year term; and
- Must attend Board Candidate Orientation(s).
Candidates must also submit a fully completed RCSC petition, signed by 100 or more Members in good standing, and the other forms provided in the RCSC Candidate Packet.
A Board Candidate that withdraws from his/her candidacy for any or no reason may not elect to reestablish candidacy in the same election year.
A successful candidate will:
- Have a strong desire to serve Sun City;
- Be fair and courteous;
- Use good common sense;
- Have good communication skills;
- Be willing to work as part of a team;
- Ability to prioritize – policy and projects; which will have the greatest benefit for the most members; and
- Be willing and able to dedicate the necessary hours to be an effective Director.
Candidates will be introduced at both the October and November Board meetings and two candidate forums will be held in the fall. Dates will be announced at a later time.
For additional information, contact the Board Office, Executive Coordinator Deanna Szentmiklosi, at 623-561-4620 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.