Building and Infrastructure
Multiple Location Projects
- All florescent lighting currently under the solar canopies will soon be replaced with LED retrofits. The LED retrofits will provide more light and reduce lamp maintenance. Contractor is Accel Electric (cost after rebates – $10,681).
- Construction is well underway at the eleven Sundial bocce courts. Repair and maintenance work includes removing the old turf, re-leveling the courts, installing new turf and painting the block boarders around each court. Contractor is Ken McIntyre Construction (cost $111,709).
- A large horizontal sand filter will be installed in late May on the therapy pool at Sundial. The new filter replaces two old Triton sand filters. Contractor will be Aquatic Builders (cost – $24,450).
Willowcreek / Willowbrook Pro / Maintenance
- The Willowcreek/Willowbrook/Skilled Trades maintenance building is nearing completion with occupancy expected in late April 2017. Contractors include Doege Construction (formally DVP Professional Builders), CCBG Architectural and Bunger Steel (PIF cost – $1,881,825).
- The Bell Lanes east restrooms are scheduled for renovation which includes new sheetrock, paint, wall tile, counter tops, toilets, urinals, partitions, floor tile, lighting, exhaust fans and doors. The restrooms will close to cardholder use and demolition will commence April 20, 2017. Contractor is Doege Development (cost – $120,026).
- Preparations are underway to remodel the restaurant at Bell Lanes. Work will include the removal of the wall between the dining area and the server’s station and installation of a coffee counter similar to the one at George’s Lakeview Café. Other work includes new appliances, cooking hood modifications and wall and ceiling repairs. Contractor selection and cost are expected soon.
- The Bell mini golf course will receive new artificial turf in late May 2017. Contractor will be Baker Brothers Carpet (cost – $32,512).
- The hexagonal kiosk between the library and the Visitors center has been demolished and a new triple faced block information wall finished in CMU block, rock and stucco is being erected. The wall will incorporate three LED lighted 60” x 48” outdoor bulletin boards. Currently the CMU wall is constructed and moldings applied in preparation for stucco and rock. Contractor is Ken McIntyre Construction. The information wall is part of the Visitors Center remodel and paid for by the estate of Leta J. Lyon Murphy.
- Five Triton sand filters at the Lakeview pool will be replaced in late May with a large horizontal sand filter. Contractor for this project will be Aquatic Builders (cost – $23,850).
Fairway Center / Quail Run Pro Shop
- Two conventional 100 gallon water heaters are being replaced with two new “Rinnai” tank-less style water heaters coupled with two 119 gallon storage tanks. Contractor is Sunland Plumbing (cost – $21,854).
- The Fairway walking track is currently closed for repair and maintenance work. The track has been well used since its installation. Contractor is Dynamic Sports Construction (cost – $35,000).
- A new sign for Quail Run golf course has been ordered and is expected to be installed in late May 2017. The new sign is very attractive and will incorporate LED lighting for evening viewing. Contractor is Bootz and Duke Sign Company (cost – $14,034).
South Golf Maintenance
- One replacement and one new evaporative coolers have been installed at the South Golf Course Maintenance facility. Contractor was Custom Cooling (cost – $12,042).
Skilled Trades Department
- The RCSC Skilled Trades Department completed 333 work orders during the last two weeks of March 2017 and the first two weeks of April 2017.
- New salt generators were installed during the recent closure of the Oakmont pool and spa. Both bodies of water were drained and refilled to ensure the generators work efficiently. Additional umbrellas and replacement hand-rail covers were also purchased and installed.
- Congratulations to Fran Garrels for her 5-year employment anniversary and Randy Mabe for his 15-year employment anniversary with the RCSC. Fran works at Lakeview and Randy at the South pro and snack shop. Both are an essential part of the staff at both locations.