Building and Infrastructure
Multiple Location Projects
- All under solar canopy florescent lamps have been replaced with LED retrofits. The new LED retrofits increase overall lighting, cut lamp maintenance expenses and reduce electrical costs. Contractor was Accel Electric (Cost after rebates – $10,681).
- Roofing projects reported last month have been delayed until mid-July due to long lead times for materials to complete the required work.
- Demolition inside the Bell Lanes cafe commenced May 19, 2017. The rough-in work is completed and the interior is receiving paint and new Fiber Reinforced Plastic (FRP) panels on the walls in the kitchen. Remodel work for this project includes the removal of the wall between the dining area and the server’s station and installation of a coffee counter similar to the one at George’s Lakeview Café. Other work includes several new appliances, cooking hood modifications, Ansul system modifications, new LED lighting, wall and ceiling repairs, re-roofing the shed and installing a door and several upgrades to the electrical system. Contractors are Doege Development, Accel Electric and Adobe Fire (Cost – $162,589).
- The shade canopies at Bell Lawn Bowl are being retrofitted with retractable shade covers on the North side of the structures. The new motorized retractable canopies will provide shade during lawn bowling events and will be retracted when the facility is not being used so the grass can receive necessary sunlight for healthy growth. Labor and material costs for this project have been paid by a generous RCSC Cardholder.
- Five Triton sand filters on the Lakeview pool were replaced June 23-24 with a new large horizontal sand filter. The five small filters were worn and due for replacement. Contractor for this project was Aquatic Builders (Cost – $23,850).
Mt. View Center
- Several repairs have now been completed on various roofs at Mt. View Center. Contractor was Tremco, Inc. (Cost – $4,820).
Skilled Trades Department
- The RCSC Skilled Trades Department completed 254 work orders during the last two weeks of May and the first two weeks of June 2017.
- A rotating surface cleaner for power washers has recently been purchased at Bell Recreation Center. This has been a huge help in cleaning the pool deck and the inside of the spa.
- A new Sun City AZ flag is now being flown from one of the flag poles on Grand and 107th after repairs were made to a damaged pulley at top of the pole.