Building and Infrastructure:
- A 16’ x 40’ cantilever shade structure is being engineered and will be submitted for permit as soon as some important code questions are answered by Maricopa County Planning and Development and Maricopa County Environmental Services Department. Contractor is USA Shade. (Cost – $24,172)
Sun Bowl Amphitheater
- Forty-eight photo luminescent (glow in the dark) markers were recently installed on the concrete terraced areas of the Sun Bowl Amphitheater to designate elevation changes.
Lakeview Center/Lakeview Lanes
- The swimming pool cool decking replacement project commenced October 2, 2017 as planned and the swimming pool was re-opened to RCSC Cardholders and their guests earlier than planned on November 11, 2017. Contractors were Imagine Architectural Concrete and the RCSC Skilled Trades Department. (Cost – $113,118)
- Thirteen 48” x 90” window sun screens are being manufactured and will be replaced soon on the west side of Lakeview Center. Contractor is Arizona Sun Screens. (Cost – $1,677)
- All fourteen shade canopies surrounding the Lakeview pool are receiving new Sunbrella fabric covers. All the covers are to be installed by November 21, 2017. Contractor is Arizona Sun Screens. (Cost – $15,988)
- The primary sump pump which pumps water from the lower level at Lakeview Center to the sewer has been replaced and is back in operation. (Cost – $10,225)
- Demolition commenced on the women’s and men’s restrooms, on the east end of Lakeview Lanes, on Wednesday, November 8, 2017. The remodel includes new sheetrock, lighting, plumbing fixtures, doors, tile, toilet partitions, toilets, lavatories, mirrors and counter tops. Contractors are Doege Development and Supercharge Electric. (Cost – $ 94,369)
- The Sundial kitchen remodel is completed other than a few punch list items. Contractors included the RCSC Skilled Trades cabinetmakers, Ken McIntyre Construction, CCBG Architectural, Olympic Fire Protection, Accel Electric, Sunland Plumbing, Lee’s Counter Tops, Resource Flooring, JRM Environmental and Spray Systems Environmental. (Cost – $66,575)
- A new pair of storefront doors and new automatic door opener will soon be installed on the south side of Bell Lanes. Contractor is DH Pace Door Services. (Cost – $3,995)
- Repairs of the Marinette outdoor walking track are completed except lane line striping. The track will be shut down for one day in late November so the striping work can be completed. Track repairs were done under warranty at no cost to the RCSC.