Building and Infrastructure
- A monsoon storm swept through Sun City on July 9, 2018 with a smaller follow up storm on July 11, 2018. These storms caused various levels of damage across the RCSC centers and golf courses. Considerable time has been spent documenting the damage and preparing the insurance claim for the damage incurred. Repair efforts are ongoing and likely to take several more weeks to complete all of the necessary repairs.
- The pool was closed on Friday, July 13, 2018 for the completion of pool decking touchups and the installation of new Rubaroc flooring in the outdoor shower area. Contractors were Desert Rose Concrete Coatings and Arizona Safety Surfacing (cost – $3,000).
- Work is set to begin in early August in the Women’s Social Club Room at Lakeview Center. Work is expected to take four weeks to complete. Work will include the removal of the fireplace and hearth, repair of the wall, ceiling and roof, painting, and the installation of new flooring and blinds. Contractors are Devil Dog Demolition, DFG Construction, Resource AZ Flooring, Imagine Panting (cost – $27,618).
- Tables were recovered in the billiards area at Lakeview Lanes. The eleven tables recovered included two snooker tables, three Diamond pool tables and seven regular pool tables. Contractor was Arizona Billiard Service (cost $7,000).
- The outdoor shower area and the Oakmont Drive auditorium entry were updated with the Rubaroc material. The auditorium entry includes a sunrise graphic inlay consistent with signage around the center. Contractor was Arizona Safety Surfacing (cost – $11,016).
South Golf Course
- RCSC has selected Robert E. Porter Construction for the completion of the South Pro Shop and Cart Barn project. The kickoff meeting to begin the project has occurred. The general contractor has started the necessary dust control and environmental permit filings required before construction activities can begin.