Before making a final decision about relocation, many residents chose to rent first to get a better sense of a community, and Sun City AZ has a number of such options available.
Whether you’re wanting to visit for only a month or two in the winter to escape the snow and cold or would prefer to rent for an entire year to get a feeling for the dry Arizona summers, qualified non-owners/renters can enjoy all the Recreation Centers of Sun City have to offer. Work out at the fitness centers, attend concerts, even join a club or two. The active adult lifestyle can be yours without the need to purchase should that be your desire.
Renters are required to meet any and all qualifications (including that one person in the residence must be at least 55 years of age) and adherence to the CCRs. Several condominium associations also restrict the rental of units within their complex, so you are advised to thoroughly research before entering into any agreement.
Eligible non-owners (and underage property owners) may purchase a Privilege Card by visiting the RCSC Cardholder Services Office, located on the lower level of the Lakeview Recreation Center at 10626 W. Thunderbird Blvd. (northeast corner of Del Webb Blvd/Thunderbird Blvd). A Privilege Card enables qualified non-owners (and underage property owners) to use most RCSC facilities at no charge (clubs generally charge a small fee) and allows you to golf and bowl at reduced cardholder rates. Please see the following information on the eligibility for and cost of a Recreation Centers of Sun City Privilege Card. Costs for privilege cards are effective January 1, 2017:
Short-term Privilege Card (30-60-90 days) – $75 per person/per month
Annual Privilege Card – $248 per person/per year
A Non-Owner of a property in Sun City AZ (or underage property owner) may be issued a Privilege Card for a fee provided that:
- At least one occupant of the property is 55 years of age or older;
- The Sun City AZ property is his/her primary Arizona residence unless his/her other Arizona residence is farther than seventy-five (75) miles from Sun City AZ in which case proof must be provided that he/she occupies the Sun City AZ residence as well;
- Must be at least 19 years of age, and
- All property assessments and fees, where for the residence are current.
- Please note that to be issued a privilege card, your driver’s license needs to reflect the Sun City address unless it is from out of state or more than 75 miles away.