While many in Sun City have been vaccinated for COVID-19 (over 75% have received at least one dose and some may have already gotten booster shots as well), RCSC wishes to remind everyone we should still be concerned for those in the community who have compromised immune systems or other underlying conditions.
Whether you are vaccinated or not, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Arizona Department of Health Services have established guidelines if you have been exposed to someone infected with the virus.
If you are fully vaccinated and you’ve been around someone who has or is suspected to have COVID-19, you should be tested 3–5 days after exposure and wear a mask in public indoor settings for 14 days or until you receive a negative test result.
If not fully vaccinated:
- Stay home until 14 days after last exposure and maintain physical distance (at least 6 feet) from others at all times
- Self-monitor for symptoms
- Check temperature twice a day
- Watch for COVID-19 symptoms
- Avoid contact with people at higher risk for severe illness (unless they live in the same home and had the same exposure)
For further guidance, please consult the Arizona Department of Health Services website which addresses Isolation and Quarantine Guidance.
RCSC Employees should immediately contact their supervisor should they have any concerns regarding exposure. Supervisors should coordinate with Human Resources as necessary.
Everyone’s continued attention and diligence regarding this matter is much appreciated.