FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The RCSC Board of Directors has issued the following announcement. Please share this information with those who you know do not receive RCSC emails. This information will also be posted on the RCSC website. Thank you for your assistance, patience and cooperation. Please be safe and stay well.
Recreation Centers of Sun City, Inc.
Closures & Cancellations Due to Coronavirus COVID-19
Recreation Centers & Facilities
- Marinette Center, Bell Center, Sundial Center, Lakeview Center, Oakmont Center, Fairway Center and Mountain View Center will close until further notice effective Tuesday, March 17, 2020 as of each recreation center’s respective closing time.
- Sun Bowl facilities, Softball Facilities and Duffeeland Dog Park will close until further notice effective Tuesday, March 17, 2020 at 6pm.
- Sun City Visitors Center will close until further notice effective Monday, March 16, 2020 at 4pm.
Bowling Centers & Amenities
- Bell Lanes and Lakeview Lanes will be closed until further notice effective Tuesday, March 17, 2020 as of each bowling center’s respective closing time.
- Bowling Leagues will be cancelled for the remainder of this season.
- All tee times will be made online or via the telephone effective Tuesday, March 17, 2020 until further notice.
- Until further notice all golf courses as of Sunday, March 22, 2020 will be converted to straight sheets in order to have the least number of golfers together at the same time.
- The 3-cart rule will temporarily be eliminated until further notice.
- No shotgun tournaments are allowed until further notice.
- The remaining Saturday Golf Clinics in March are cancelled.
- Snack shops will be open for “to go” orders only and no one will be allowed to congregate or sit on the patios or in the snack shops effective at close of business Tuesday, March 17, 2020 until further notice.
- Until further notice only canned or bottled drinks and pre-packaged foods/snacks will be available for sale.
- No fountain drinks or ice will be available until further notice.
Events & Entertainment
- Ticketed Concerts: Blood Sweat & Tears on March 18, 2020 and Motown Miracles March 25, 2020 will be cancelled and rescheduled.
- Sun Bowl Shows will be cancelled through the rest of this season ending April 26, 2020.
- Easter Egg Hunt, Sunrise Services and Farmers Market will be cancelled.
Board & Committee Meetings
- Board Meetings and Committee Meetings (excluding Mountain View Ad-Hoc Committee) will be cancelled until further notice.
- Personnel will continue to report to work or as temporarily assigned until further notice.