Posting of Signs & Distribution of Literature (PDF)
WHEREAS Article V, Section 6.3 of the Corporate Bylaws empowers the Board of Directors (“Board” or “Directors”) of the Recreation Centers of Sun City, Inc. (“RCSC” or “Corporation”) to adopt Policies (“BP” or “Policies”) not in conflict with the Restated Articles of Incorporation (“Articles”) or the Corporate Bylaws (“Bylaws”).
WHEREAS the Articles and Bylaws shall take precedence over Board Policies and the definitions in the Bylaws shall apply. The following Board Policy shall provide instruction, direction and guidelines regarding Posting of Signs and Distribution of Literature and shall remain in effect until such time it is amended or removed by the Board.
NOW, THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED the Corporation shall adhere to the following policies regarding Posting of Signs and Distribution of Literature:
No sign, literature or petition may be posted or distributed at RCSC Facilities if it contains scandalous, malicious, defamatory or libelous language. The Board and Management are authorized to police all posting of signs, distribution of literature or advertising at RCSC Facilities and to order anyone to cease and desist and vacate RCSC Facilities. RCSC may destroy any unauthorized postings or distribution.
No commercial signs or notices may be placed on or affixed to any RCSC Facilities. No literature or advertising of a commercial nature may be distributed at RCSC Facilities, with the following exceptions:
- When an outside entity has entered into an agreement with RCSC for the use/lease of a facility or area, signs and literature appropriate to that use may be posted or distributed at such facility or use area and/or displayed on electronic signs at that location upon Management approval;
- When a Chartered Club has invited an outside company or vendor, for the specific purpose of promoting the Club’s activities, commercial advertising signage and literature may be posted or distributed at such facility or use area upon Management approval;
- When a RCSC operating division, such as; golf, bowling, food service or member services, has accepted sponsorship of an event/league or invited an outside company or vendor for the specific purpose of promoting a sport, activity, service or food and beverage at RCSC Facilities, commercial advertising signage and literature may be posted or distributed at such facility or use area upon Management approval;
- Commercial advertising signage may be placed on RCSC’s softball park facilities as pre-approved by the Assistant General Manager. Such signage may be removed if not pre-approved or if adequate upkeep or replacement is not upheld as deemed suitable by Management.
- Commercial Arizona travel and tourism literature may be displayed at the Sun City AZ Visitors Center at the discretion of the Sun City AZ Visitors Center and Marketing Manager.
- Copies of signs and notices shall be submitted for Management approval to the Corporate Office before posting or distribution begins.
Signs and notices relating to RCSC events and activities may be posted only in those places designated for such use (i.e. bulletin boards, information easels, tent signage, brochure/flyer racks, electronic signs and etc.). Details concerning size, placement and posting duration are under the control and approval of Management, excluding signs for RCSC Elections which shall be under the control and approval of the Chair of the Election Committee.
Cardholders may post approved notices (3 inches x 5 inches) of personal interest in places designated for such use which shall be under the control of Management. Cardholders may also distribute approved literature covering personal interest at RCSC Facilities which shall be under the control of Management. All such notices or literature shall carry the name of the Cardholder.
The posting of signs, flyers, posters, banners, or any communications or notifications or distribution of literature concerning non-RCSC issues, events or activities is strictly prohibited by any group or individual other than RCSC organizations except at the Sun City AZ Visitors Center at the discretion of the SCVC and Marketing Manager.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that a copy of this resolution shall be posted on the RCSC website for Members and shall be made available to Members upon request at no cost.
Adopted and signed this 28th day of March, 2019 at a duly called Board meeting by a majority (5) of the Recreation Centers of Sun City, Inc. Board of Directors.