The Camera Guild of Sun City is a photography group whose mission is to explore the various venues of photography, meet people of like mind to share this with, and have fun doing it. Club members range from beginner to advanced, some bringing many years of experience in the field of photography. We welcome all to come join us in our passion.
Our club is now located in the new Grand Center and our facility is state of the art. We have a digital lab with nine computers loaded with current Photoshop-Lightroom software for use by our members to work on their images. There is a Canon wide format printer to print all your images on archival papers and canvas. We have an Epson slide and film scanner for transferring your old images to a digital format.
Our education programs provide both classroom and field experience and will help you capture better images for yourself or to use in competitions. Some of classes scheduled are: How to operate your camera, Composition and Lighting, Advanced Camera Mastery, Working wtith photo software i.e. Photoshop, Lightroom, Elements, Beyond Selfies; cell phone photography, and much more.
We now have a darkroom so there will be classes on working with film and developing images. In our new studio we will be learning how to take portraits, set-up and use lighting for dramatic photography, and how to use audio for video endeavors. Our Discovery Labs, held at various times during the year, explore all types of interesting photography i.e. using the photography microscope.
Our general meetings are the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month October through May and the 1st Saturday of the month June through September. The meeting on the 1st Saturday includes presentations by members and professional photographers. The 3rd Saturdays may include competition and helpful critiquing by club members and recognized judges.
Please visit our website at www.cameraguildsuncity.com for a full listing of current events.
Category: Arts & Crafts
Location: Grand Center
- President: John Wood – 314-882-6951
- Secretary: Kathy Bunting – 309-212-1747
- Treasurer: Brenda Love – 602-989-2103
- Public Relations: Janet Reasoner – 425-442-9269
- Club Room is open Monday-Friday from 9am to noon for general member use. Afternoons are used for scheduled classes, forums, workshops and special meetings.
- General meetings and presentations are on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of each month at 9am in Grand Center Sonoran Room (October through May) and 1st Saturday only (June through September)
- Photo Competitions are held the third Saturday at 9am in Grand Center Sonoran Room (October through My).