Building and Infrastructure:
Backflow Preventer Installation
- Multiple golf course and center locations were identified as needing backflow preventers installed. A total of 20 backflow preventers were required and installed. Contractor: Sundland Plumbing (cost – $19,478).
- Approved projects for the Bell Center pool area will require closure of the pool area for an extended period of time. The pool area will close as of June 3, 2019 with work estimated to be completed in 8 weeks. This work will include the replacement of the pebble sheen surface in the lap pool, walking pool and outdoor spa, repair of the bench in the walking pool, kool deck replacement with a Rubaroc product, and replacement of pool filters and pumps for the walking pool. Contractors are: CDC Pools, Rubcorp, Arizona Safety Surfacing, and Superior Pool Products (combined cost – $367,652).
- Engineers are preparing the response to the ADOT permit application along with the necessary design changes.
- Initial comments have been received from the Maricopa County Planning and Development Department regarding the building permit application. Responses to these comments are targeted for return to the County by April 5, 2019.
- Building design and space allocation for the second building on the Grand Ave property has begun.
South Golf Course
- APS energized the new building on March 20, 2019. Electrical service was in the critical path for configuring and verifying systems in the building.
- Mechanical systems are in the process of being tested and balanced with required reports verifying system functioning pending.
- All kitchen appliances are on site and being installed and tested.
- The majority of furniture is onsite with the final chairs due for arrival by April 3, 2019.
- A walk through with the architect and general contractor was performed on March 25, 2019 and punch list items for completion were identified. This list included a small number of items for completion.
- Final building inspection and certificate of occupancy is pending. Additionally, a final inspection and approval of the kitchen space is required from the Maricopa County Health Department.