WHEREAS Article V, Section 6.3 of the Corporate Bylaws empowers the Board of Directors (“Board” or “Directors”) of the Recreation Centers of Sun City, Inc. (“RCSC” or “Corporation”) to adopt Policies (“BP” or “Policies”) not in conflict with the Restated Articles of Incorporation (“Articles”) or the Corporate Bylaws (“Bylaws”).
WHEREAS the Articles and Bylaws shall take precedence over Board Policies and the definitions in the Bylaws shall apply. The following Board Policy shall provide instruction, direction and guidelines regarding Bowling and shall remain in effect until such time it is amended or removed by the Board.
NOW, THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED the Corporation shall adhere to the following policies on Bowling at Lakeview Lanes and Bell Lanes (collectively known as “Bowling Centers”):
General Bowling Rules & Regulations
Children under 4 years of age are not allowed to bowl, nor are they allowed within the bowling game areas. Regardless of age, children must be able to safely handle a bowling ball to be allowed to bowl, as determined by RCSC personnel. All guests 18 years of age and younger must be accompanied by an adult 19 years of age or older.
- Food and beverages are not permitted in the bowling area. Alcoholic beverages may not be brought into or out of the Bowling Centers.
- Bowling shoes must be worn at all times while in the approach area. Socks are required for renting RCSC bowling shoes. Men must wear shirts with sleeves, women cannot wear halter or tube tops and bare feet are not allowed.
- Powders are not allowed in the bowling area or approaches.
- Excessive bowling ball lofting is not permitted, as determined by RCSC personnel.
- RCSC is not responsible for damage to bowling balls. No one is allowed past the foul line, excluding RCSC personnel.
The Director of Bowling will make and publish rules and regulations in the conduct, administration, care, and maintenance of the lanes and equipment to keep them in a condition in order to comply with USBC certified play.
Use of Bowling Centers
- Cardholders in good standing may use the Bowling Centers for Cardholder bowling rates. Guests of Cardholders shall pay the guest rate and are not required to use a Guest Pass or Host Punch Card to bowl.
- Persons without a RCSC Member of Privilege Card (hereinafter referred to as “Non-Cardholders”), 55 years old and older, may bowl at the Bowling Centers provided they show government issued identification, with picture, verifying their age. Such bowlers shall pay the guest rate for bowling and shall be allowed to participate in league play and may not be removed from a league/team once they have established a regular league/team status.
- Guests under 55 years of age may use the Bowling Centers but their host, a RCSC Cardholder, must sign them in. Such guests shall pay the guest rate for bowling.
- Non-Cardholders age 19 or older may participate in leagues at the Bowling Centers provided that the league has approved such. Any person that is on a league/team can practice during open play without being signed in by a Cardholder. The open bowl privilege of underage Non-Cardholders does not extend to their guests. All Non-Cardholders shall pay the guest rates for bowling.
- The Recreation Centers of Sun City West (RCSCW) and Sun City Grand (SCG) cardholders may use RCSC billiard tables located within the Bowling Centers during the annual RCSCW Sports Pavilion and SCG summer shutdown period. The Director of Bowling will issue a letter to the RCSCW Sports Pavilion and SCG Managers annually outlining the rules, policies, procedures and time period for which the approval is extended. RCSCW and SCG cardholders will be allowed to purchase RCSC host punch cards after presenting a valid RCSCW or SCG card. Unused punches on the RCSC host punch cards will not be refundable. In order to use the RCSC billiard facilities, RCSCW and SCG cardholders must present their card and a RCSC host punch card. A RCSC host punch card may be used by more than one person but they must be valid RCSCW or SCG cardholders. The RCSC host punch card will be punched one time for each person. This privilege is not extended to guests of RCSCW or SCG cardholders. RCSC Cardholders will have priority when billiard tables are issued and during busy times, RCSCW and SCG cardholders may be asked to discontinue play in order to issue a table to a RCSC Cardholder.
Bowling instruction classes are open to all RCSC Cardholders and Non-Cardholders 55 years old and older. Any person that is on a league/team can participate in bowling instruction classes regardless of age.
Only approved tournaments will be allowed at the Bowling Centers. The following is the criteria for tournament approval:
- All tournaments shall be scheduled in advance and requests for such shall be submitted to the Director of Bowling. Upon request for a tournament, the Director of Bowling will verify the validity of the request.
- Upon the request for a bid from an USBC sponsored event, the Director of Bowling shall determine if the lanes can accommodate the tournament on the requested dates and times.
- RCSC Cardholders and Non-Cardholders are allowed to participate in tournament events as long as they meet the requirements listed in the tournament rules. All tournament participants shall pay the lineage rate posted on the entry form.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that a copy of this resolution shall be posted on the RCSC website for Members and shall be made available to Members upon request at no cost.
Adopted and signed this 28th day of March, 2019 at a duly called Board meeting by a majority (5) of the Recreation Centers of Sun City, Inc. Board of Directors.