Cardholder Guests & Host Punch Cards
– Click Here for PDF –WHEREAS Article IV, Section 7 of the Corporate Bylaws empowers the Board of Directors to adopt Policies not in conflict with the Restated Articles of Incorporation (“Articles”) or the Corporate Bylaws (“Bylaws”).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED that the Board of Directors (“Board” or “Directors”) of the Recreation Centers of Sun City, Inc. (“RCSC” or “Corporation”) in an effort to maintain and carry out its fiduciary responsibility to its Members, adopts the following Board Policy (“BP” or “Policies”) on February 26, 2009.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED that to minimize inconsistencies, misunderstandings and misinterpretations inherent in verbal instructions, rules and regulations, the Board of Directors has established Board Policies in written form. Such Policies shall be titled, numbered and indexed for easy reference and use.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED that the Restated Articles of Incorporation and the Corporate Bylaws shall take precedence over Board Policies and that the following Board Policy on Cardholder Guests and Host Punch Cards shall provide instruction, direction and guidelines regarding such and shall remain in effect until such time it is amended or removed by the Board.
A. Guests of RCSC Cardholders, who do not reside in Sun City, Arizona, seasonally (30 days or longer) or permanently, may be allowed to use RCSC facilities or participate in activities for a fee.
- A guest is defined as a non-resident friend, family member or caretaker/caregiver of a RCSC Cardholder. Neither spouses nor any Sun City resident, whether considered seasonal (30 days or longer) or permanent, can be considered guests. RCSC Cardholders who misrepresent someone as a guest may be subject to temporary or permanent suspension of all Cardholder privileges, including denial of use of any or all RCSC facilities, as determined by the Board of Directors.
- A Host Punch Card is required for guest entry to all RCSC facilities except bowling and golf. RCSC Cardholder guests may golf or bowl for the guest fee and no Host Punch Card is required.
- A Host Punch Card is punched once for each person, for each use, regardless of age. If multiple RCSC facility uses are planned by one guest in the same day, a Guest Pass may be issued, which then allows the guest to visit multiple RCSC facilities on the same day with no additional punches of the Host Punch Card. Consecutive day Guest Passes may be issued in advance (no more than 7 days) when guests plan to use the RCSC facilities for several days, as long as the Host Punch Card is punched once for each guest for each day, and the first day of use is the same day it is being issued. Guests obtaining access to RCSC facilities with Guest Passes will be required to show a government issued picture ID to ensure their identity matches the Guest Pass obtained for them by an RCSC Cardholder.
- RCSC Cardholders may purchase Host Punch Cards at RCSC monitored facilities and the Cardholder Services Office in Lakeview Recreation Center. Host Punch Cards do not expire until all blocks are punched.
- All guests, including immediate family, must be signed in by a RCSC Cardholder. The RCSC Cardholder must accompany guests who are under age nineteen (19) at all times while on RCSC property.
- If the RCSC Cardholder is unable to sign in their guests because of physical or mental incapacity, a dated Waiver Letter may be obtained from the Corporate Office. The guest must then present government issued identification with picture, the Host Punch Card, the Waiver Letter and the RCSC Cardholder’s Member or Privilege card when signing in. Only those individuals named on the Waiver Letter shall have access to RCSC facilities. Any named guest, under nineteen (19) years of age, must be accompanied by an authorized adult.
- RCSC Cardholders may belong to a variety of Chartered Clubs located within various RCSC facilities. As a club member, an RCSC Cardholder may invite a guest to a club activity, provided that such attendance is in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Corporation. Each guest at a club activity must be sponsored by a member of that club, and special guest provisions contained in the club’s rules and regulations shall apply.