- I paid my fees as an owner. How do I become a Member?
- Does my spouse get a member card?
- I am an owner but I don’t live here. How can I get a card?
- I haven’t updated my AZ driver’s license to my new Sun City AZ address. Are there other documents accepted to confirm residency?
In accordance with the RCSC Corporate Bylaws the qualifications for Membership include the following:
- Be a Deeded Owner of a qualified Sun City AZ property;
- Be 55 years of age or older (or qualify under the spousal exemption); and,
- Occupy the Sun City AZ property as your primary Arizona residence unless your other Arizona residence is farther than seventy-five (75) miles from Sun City AZ in which case you must provide proof that you occupy the Sun City AZ residence as well.
Additionally, Members must pay all required fees and execute an RCSC Facilities Agreement before receiving a Member Card. Should you meet the qualifications for a Member Card then please visit the Cardholder Services Office located in the Lakeview Center at 10626 W Thunderbird Blvd to have your picture taken and receive your card.
Only deeded property owners are qualified to be a Member and receive a Member Card. For your spouse to receive a Member Card they must be a deeded property owner, as well as meet the other qualifications to be a Member. The RCSC Corporate Bylaws have a provision for a spousal exemption for an underage spouse. If a spousal Owner is under 55 years of age, he/she may be a Member, provided:
- He/she is not under 19 years of age;
- He/she occupies the Sun City AZ property as his/her primary Arizona residence unless his/her other Arizona residence is farther than seventy-five (75) miles from Sun City AZ in which case the Owner(s) must provide proof that he/she occupies the Sun City AZ residence as well; and
- That one spousal Owner is 55 years of age or older and occupies the property at the same time.
Residency is a key qualification to receive a Member Card. A property owner who does not occupy the property is not eligible for a Member Card.
I haven’t updated my AZ driver’s license to my new Sun City AZ address. Are there other documents accepted to confirm residency?
RCSC Corporate Bylaws (Article II, Section 2) outlines the requirements for documentation to prove Member eligibility including Proof of Identity and Age along with Occupancy requirements. It is important to note that utility bills are not accepted to verify occupancy.
Proof of Identity and Age: Each individual listed on the recorded deed, trust documents, shareholder or partners’ documents, or life estate and remainderman documents must provide proof of identity and age with one of the following documents:
- Valid government issued driver’s license or identification card, which includes picture and birth date; or
- Valid passport, which includes picture and birth date; or
- Any other documentation that appropriately verifies identity with both photo and birth date.
- Each individual seeking a spousal exemption for the 55 year old age requirement to be a Member and receive a Member Card may also be required to provide a marriage license.
Occupancy: Each individual qualified by ownership and age, must also qualify as occupying the Property as their primary Arizona residence, by providing one of the following:
- Valid Arizona driver’s license having the same address as the Property for which a Member Card is sought; or
- Valid Arizona driver’s license having an address farther than seventy-five (75) miles from Sun City, Arizona; or
- Valid out-of-state or out-of-country driver’s license; or
- If no valid driver’s license is available, any government issued identification with the individual’s name and address of the Property for which a Member Card is sought. An additional form of identification with a photo is required when the government issued identification does not contain a photo.
- Owners who misrepresent themselves as an occupant of a Property shall be subject to suspension of Member Privileges. This suspension automatically extends to all Owner(s) of said Property, as well as any occupants of any other Properties owned by such Owner(s) including denial of use of any and all RCSC Facilities, as determined by the Board.