Home » RCSC Board Policy Resolution No. 25

RCSC Board Policy Resolution No. 25

Food and Beverage (PDF)

WHEREAS Article V, Section 6.3 of the Corporate Bylaws empowers the Board of Directors (“Board” or “Directors”) of the Recreation Centers of Sun City, Inc. (“RCSC” or “Corporation”) to adopt policies not in conflict with the Restated Articles of Incorporation (“Articles”) or the Corporate Bylaws (“Bylaws”).

WHEREAS the Articles and Bylaws shall take precedence over Board Policies and the definitions in the Bylaws shall apply. The following Board Policy shall provide instruction, direction and guidelines regarding Food and Beverage and shall remain in effect until such time it is amended or removed.

NOW, THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED the Corporation shall adhere to the following Food and Beverage policy:

All the following rules, regulations and restrictions apply to all food and beverage operations on or within RCSC Facilities:

Cafes/Restaurants/Snack Shops (hereinafter referred to as “the food and beverage establishment(s)”) for the purposes of this policy are as follows:

Bell Café/Restaurant/Bell Lanes, 16820 N 99th Ave, Sun City, Arizona

Lakeview Café/Restaurant/Lakeview Lanes, 10502 W Thunderbird Blvd, Sun City, Arizona

Riverview Snack Shop, 16401 N Del Webb Blvd, Sun City, Arizona

Lakes Snack Shop, 10433 W Talisman Rd, Sun City, Arizona

North Snack Shop, 12650 N 107th Ave, Sun City, Arizona

South Snack Shop, 11000 N 103rd Ave, Sun City, Arizona

Willow Snack Shop, 10600 W Boswell Blvd, Sun City, Arizona

Outside Food and Beverages

Outside food and beverages may not be permitted in the food and beverage establishments or on the contiguous patios at the golf courses or bowling center concourses so long as the food and beverage establishment is open for business.

Recreation Center Kitchens

Recreation center kitchens are not subject to regulation or inspection by Maricopa County Environmental Health Division. Therefore RCSC does not guarantee or represent that food and beverages served from any recreation center kitchen is safe to consume. These kitchens can be used by licensed caterers to warm or cool food and beverages only. These kitchens may not be used to prepare food and beverages for cooking from a raw state.  These kitchens are for use by Cardholders and food and beverages served from them shall be available to Cardholders and their guests only for consumption and not to the public.


Food and beverages may be warmed or cooled in a recreation center kitchen just prior to service by a caterer, but shall not be prepared, originally chilled, initially cooked or heated or stored there.  Only caterers with valid permits and certificates of insurance on file in the Clubs & Activities Office at Lakeview may provide service at RCSC Facilities. Catering is, as defined by Maricopa County Environmental Health Code, a food establishment where a pre-arranged number of meals and/or food and beverage products are prepared at one permitted premise for immediate service and consumption at another pre-arranged off-site location for a temporary event or other occurrence.

Pot Lucks

Food and beverages prepared in a kitchen of a private home or from another unapproved source may be provided at RCSC Facilities provided that such food and beverage is made available only to Cardholders and their guests. Pot lucks shall not be open to the public. If such event is held in a location where a sign is not already visible stating that the food being served is not prepared in a kitchen that is subject to regulation and inspection by the Maricopa County Environmental Health Division, a temporary sign must be prepared and posted.

If the club/organization sponsoring the event wishes to accept donations or charge a fee for a pot luck or meal they have prepared, they may be required to secure a permit from the Maricopa County Environmental Health Division.

Bake Sales          

The Standard Operating Procedures for bake sales from the Maricopa County Environmental Services Department are to be followed.

Alcoholic Beverages     

If the club/organization sponsoring the event/tournament wishes to accept donations or charge a fee for any alcoholic beverages, they must secure a Special Events License from the Arizona Department of Liquor or an organization with the license to sale alcoholic beverages.

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that a copy of this resolution shall be posted on the RCSC website for Members and shall be made available to Members upon request at no cost.

Adopted and signed this 14th day of October, 2019 at a duly called Board meeting by a majority (5) of the Recreation Centers of Sun City, Inc. Board of Directors.